Your fan page is a great place to aggregate all the content you’ve created on the various social networks you belong to. Your fan page can be the ultimate destination for your fans to find your tweets, blog posts, and even other people who have acknowledged your work.
- Social RSS allows you to automatically pull your blog posts and display them on your Fan Page under a dedicated tab, your wall tab, or as your news.
- Blog RSS Feed Reader has been known to have some problems but may be worth it for the level of control and customization options it offers such as the ability to choose an image giving your RSS feed the same feel as your blog.
- Facebook Notes is probably the easiest way to upload your blog posts. Go to the Import A Blog section under notes and type in your blog’s address and you’re done. Simple as that.
- The YouTube app for Facebook will include a box in your profile to publish all of your personal videos and any others that you think will be of interest to your fans.
- Google Blog Search is a great tool to find out what blogs are mentioning you. Search your name/band’s name and you can easily find blogs that are mentioning you or sharing your music with their readers. With the ability to sort by most recent posts, you can see if you’re being mentioned in the blogosphere within seconds of a post being published.
- Google Alerts will notify you by email anytime specific key words are found on the internet. Put an alert on your name and you’ll get updated every time you’re mentioned in Google’s search results
One of the best ways to increase the number of people that “like” your page is to host some kind of contest that offers a cool prize for fans that become connected with your page. As the video mentions, companies that offer some kind of contest tend to have twice the amount of fans than those companies that choose not to.
Wildfire is the best application for creating a contest on your page. A basic promotional campaign with Wildfire will run you about $5 with an additional $.99 for every day it runs (plus the cost of prizes). Wildfire is easy to use. Create everything from the campaign name to the details of the prizes. You can even customize the rules and regulations and give your promotion a unique look (more custom options available with advanced packages) and publish it to Facebook and any other networks you belong to, including your personal website. Once your promotion is created let Wildfire spread the word like… well… wildfire.