Future Hit.DNA - 15 Tips To Craft Hit Songs In The Digital World (Written by a music executive insider)
Jay Frank, the SVP of Music Strategy for CMT, just wrote his first book titled Future Hit.DNA. This book provides a road map to the digital landscape outlining:
- 15 tips for artists wanting a chart topping hit
- Analysis of the elements to a hit song based on technology that delivers it
- A history of technology’s involvement in past hits
- How playing into new technologies can result in higher royalties
There has never been any detailed analysis to what this all means for the music creation process, until now. Future Hit.DNA delivers inside tricks from both the music listener and music industry perspective, resulting in advantages in those songs becomig hits.
This insight will give it’s readers a leg up over the competition, making the book an essential read for anyone involved on the creation of music.
Before joining CMT, Frank managed music programming along with artist and label relations for Yahoo! Music from 2001 until 2007 where he was a key player in helping grow the audience tenfold to approximately 25 million people.
His ability to find hits early on led to Yahoo! Music becoming instrumental in breaking many acts in their early stages and becoming a leading indicator of the future success for an artist.For more info on Jay Frank and Future Hit.DNA please visit the website: http://www.futurehitdna.com/. You can download a copy of first chapter for free on the website. All other inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Richard Palmese, Exec VP, Promotion RCA Music Group
- Billy Mann, Grammy-nominated hit songwriter/producer and President of EMI Music International
“A ‘Moneyball’ for hit records”
- Sean Ross, Executive Editor, Radio-Info/Ross On Radio
“Read this book. Jay Frank brings a wealth of ‘inside’ experience and a unique perspective of how to pick a ‘hit’. Jay knows the Music Industry inside and out having had success in video, TV, cable, radio, online/internet, and the booking of Artist talent. Jay takes all those elements combined with technology, and the results are startling.”
- Daniel Glass, Founder/CEO Glassnote Records/Glassnote Entertainment Group
“The music listener, the songwriter and producer and the entire industry will benefit from Jay Frank’s remarkable and thoroughly researched insights into the hits of today and tomorrow in our new digital era. An original and informative book you don’t want to miss.”
- David Massey, President, Mercury Records
“(Futurehit.DNA) is loaded with thought-provoking ingredients that, properly used, could help tweak an artist’s recipe for success.”
- David Ross, Publisher/Editor, Music Row
“An insightful and spot on take on the effect digital technology has on the hit process.”
- Mark Tindle, VP Business Development, Colligent Research