Music Works International is a well-respected musical booking agency, specializing in artist development across global markets outside of the United States.
Thirty-year industry veteran, Katherine McVicker, founded the agency three years ago with the mission of creatively powering the artistic development and vision of an exceptional roster of musicians and bands spanning jazz, world music, and Americana genres.
MWI closely collaborates with a select list of the world’s finest musicians, promoters, and venues to develop tours that aim to expand audiences, artists and markets.
MWI is looking for a dynamic, proven, and experienced booking agent to join our talented team of dedicated professionals with a passion for live music of all kinds.
Purpose: This is a sales and booking position.
• 3 to 4 years of Booking Agency experience; International booking is a plus.
• The Agent will be accountable for delivering consistent financial results as well as developing networks of new buyers and venues across the territories to create efficient and successful tour plans.
• As booking music is a high-performance environment, the position demands a confident and assertive Individual, though with a strong adherence to client relations on all sides of our musician/buyer, customer/client relationships.
• MWI workers telecommute, so all applicants need to be ambitious, self-starting, self-managed, creative, hardworking, professional, literate, and intelligent.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborating with our team to create and successful strategies for our artists that meet competitive goals and quotas
• Ability to creatively solve problems and prioritize tasks.
• Lead generation, customer acquisition, conversion, and retention.
• Negotiating terms with our venue and management partners to create mutually successful tours.
• Creating engagement budgets and settlements.
• Developing and maintaining key partner relationships.
• Identifying and researching new artist opportunities.
• Servicing and managing confirmed engagements.
• Attending Industry events and conferences, which may require international travel.
• Tracking and reporting key performance metrics.
• Able to work with people from many cultures and treat everyone with respect and understanding.
• 3+ years industry experience in tour planning, budgeting, and/or booking (candidates with booking, account management, or sales experience are preferred).
• Goal-oriented, motivated, and a self-starter.
• A proven track record of developing artists and markets.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and maintain long term relationships with our strategic partners.
• A strong set of industry contacts and relationships with artists in our genres.
• A verifiable career history of negotiating and closing deals and growing business.
• Extremely organized and able to manage multiple projects at once.
• A Bachelors, or advanced, degree. Majors in Music Business, Business, or Theater Management will be given priority consideration.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to reply to all submissions.
And, no phone calls, or office visits, please!
Music Works International