How You Can Contribute To MusicThinkTank
Anyone can join the discussion and contribute relevant articles to Music Think Tank. Begin by signing up and then logging in to publish your posts directly to MTT Open. Please make sure that your posts are in the proper format before posting (see previous posts) and that there are minimal errors such as grammar or spelling. Popular articles are occasionally moved to the front of the site. Contributors own and operate this blog (more info).
Entries in Music Think Tank (11)
- Corey Crossfield | The Future of Music Marketing: Direct-to-Device
- Lukas Camenzind | How to Score the Next BIG Hit: 5 Marketing Tips From Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Thrift Shop”
- Phosphene Productions | Online Brand Marketing & Social Networking Crash Course
- Jason Kane | Digital vs. Vinyl: Where It Makes A Difference
- Corey Crossfield | Apps Are The Future Of Music
- Mackenzie Carlin | Legal Landmine: Playing Music At Your Business
- Shaun Letang | 7 Music Marketing Truths ALL Musicians Should Know
- Mark Longhurst | Beginners Guide To Using Soundcloud
- Shaun Letang | How To Make It In The Music Industry – 4 Key Factors
- Shaun Letang | Setting S.M.A.R.T Goals for Your Music Career
- Sari Delmar | Toronto Gets a Music City Twin – What Does It All Mean?
The Music Industry
Thinks Out Loud
- Bas Grasmayer: The Next Music Format Case-Study: Twisted Music
- Dave Cool: The Four P’s of Playing Live Shows: Promotion
- Brian Thompson: The Twitter Trolls: How to Deal with Criticism Online
- Ariel Hyatt: Musician’s Arsenal: Killer Apps, Tools & Sites - Facebook’s Timeline
- Jamie Leger: What Can We Learn From Indie Band Pomplamoose?
Happy New Year from Music Think Tank & Hypebot.com!
Thanks for reading and contributing to the conversation! If you would like to contribute a post, read the guidelines and post a summary on the MTT open tab. Every week, several posts will be moved from the MTT open tab to the main MTT page and featured on Hypebot.com so if your post seems to be “missing”, your post may have been moved to the MTT main page and will be published soon.
It’s a new year and fresh start! What are your plans for the new year and what projects are you working on?
What improvements or suggestions do you have for Music Think Tank and Hypebot?
Let’s make 2012 great!
Happy New Year!
—Natalie (@ncswim881), MTT Community Manager, and the rest of the MTT & Hypebot crew
I just passed this logo over to Bruce and Kyle at Hypebot, but it occurred to me that others may need it also. Without further introduction, may I present…the Music Think Tank logo (as a PNG).
- Should we more or less selective with the articles that we publish on the home page?
- Does the current level of self-promotion in some posts bother you or is it payback for sharing their content?
- Are there additional voices that you wished were represented here?
- Are there topics that you wish we’re covered more on MTT?
- Do you listen to MTT Radio and if so, how can we improve it?
- (Your great idea here.)
She is from Sugar Land, TX. She is twenty-two and is very interested in music marketing and branding, new trends in the music and record industries, and distribution. She wants to learn more about the changes affecting the music industry and how artists are changing the way they interact with fans. Her career goals include working in a marketing position at a music company or label and working as a session musician for major artists. Currently, she is seeking a job/internship at music labels and companies in the Texas area or to continue her education, possibly pursuing a master’s degree in music or marketing.
Here at Music Think Tank, she’ll be focusing on tagging posts, writing post summaries, approving comments, and getting involved in a myriad of other ways with Hypebot too.
Take a moment to welcome her to the community.
Recent Popular Content
(Updated November 2, 2013)